As the temperatures rise, renting an air conditioner can be a great solution to keep your space cool and comfortable. However, it is important to be aware of any warning indicators that may occur. Here is a list of common error codes that may appear on your spot cooler and what to do about them:
- “E1” – High Pressure: If the compressor pressure is too high, the high-pressure switch will be open and the ‘Error’ LED will be on. Ensure that the exhaust duct is not blocked or kinked, and do not use the air conditioner if the ambient temperature is higher than 113°F.
- “E2” – Low Pressure: If the compressor pressure is too low, the ‘Error’ LED will be on. Clean filters and coils, verify power, check filters evaporator/condenser, check evaporator/condenser coils, and check refrigerant level and/or refrigerant leak.
- “E3” – Sensor Problem: If the temperature sensor is short-circuited or cut, the ‘Error’ LED will be on. Exchange the temperature sensor.
- “E4” – Compressor Problem: If over current from the compressor is detected, verify power (voltage/amps), and check flex for restrictions.
- “E5” – Fan Motor Problem: If over current from the fan motor is detected, verify power (voltage/amps), and check flex for restrictions.
- “E6” – Blower Motor Problem: If over current from the blower motor is detected, verify power (voltage/amps), and check flex for restrictions.
- “FU” – Condensation Water Tank Full: If the water tank is full, the ‘Water Full’ LED light will be on, and “FU” will be displayed on the unit. Empty the water tank on a daily basis.
- “AF” – Anti-freezing: If the temperature of the evaporator is below 28°F, “AF” is displayed, and the ‘Error’ LED is on. Do not use the unit in an ambient temperature less than 72°F, and check refrigerant level.
- “AL”– Fire Alarm Signal: If the fire alarm signal is triggered, reset the unit by pushing and holding the “OFF TIMER” button for 5 seconds.
- “TP”– Tank Position: If the water tank is not in the correct position, the LED “Align Drain Tank” light will be on. Place the water tank in the right position.
By being aware of these common error codes and knowing how to address them, you can ensure that your spot cooler is running smoothly and efficiently. If you experience any of these issues or have any other questions about your portable air conditioner, please call Herc Rentals at 800-654-6659. For a full list of spec sheets on our AC units, visit our portable AC page.